0102 – Introduction to CRM 2015|16 for Public Sector
May 27, 2019 9:00AM – 4:30 PM
Course will be held in Halifax for this date
This course is intended for managers and staff who plan to use, implement, enhance, or support Microsoft Dynamics CRM in their organization. This user friendly course is intended for anyone who wants to gain foundational knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 or 2016.
A one day instructor-led course providing an introduction to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 and 2016. This course places a focus on the application of CRM as a case management solution for the public sector. It covers key concepts related to applying CRM for case management in areas such as investigation, grants and contributions, contract management, complaints, legal, etc. It provides a foundation for other Microsoft Dynamics CRM courses. The course includes: public sector case studies for case management; covers key concepts of CRM; and includes hands-on exercises, for navigating searching, and reporting.
$595.00 (1 day – Introductory course)
No prerequisite training or skills required other than general exposure to office desktop applications.
After completing this course, students will be able to do the following:
- Understand key Microsoft Dynamics CRM concepts.
- Understand how people are using Dynamics within the public sector today
- Explain how customer data (e.g. Cases, Contacts, Organizations…) are recorded in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and how to configure personal options.
- Work with case, contact and organization records and views.
- Understand Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook to track and synchronize items and manage offline capability.
- Search, report and analyze data in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Complete basic Exports & Imports of records with Microsoft Excel.
- Describe using default reports and create new reports with Report Wizard
- Understand dashboards and charts in Dynamics
- Use a streamlined Business Process to take a file from application to closing
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
This module provides a high-level overview of Microsoft Dynamics CRM concepts and describes ways to navigate the application.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM clients
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM functionality
- Security at a glance
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM records
- Application Navigation
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Help
- Personal Preferences
Exercises: Navigate Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
Module 2: Working with Information Entities
This module explains how client and case management records (entities) are used in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. It describes how addresses, notes, attachments, connection records, and activities are recorded in CRM and how to configure personal options.
- Client Information
- Case Information
- Notes and attachments
- Personal options
Exercises: Find and update an individual’s file who works for a specific organization / department
Module 3: Viewing and Managing Information
This module describes views and how to filter information for a variety of purposes. It further explains ownership of records, how to share records, how to delete and edit multiple records, how to import records, and how to run a mail merge.
- Record ownership and Assignment
- Sharing records
- Deleting and editing records
- Import records
Exercises: Manage a to-do list for a case file; assign tasks and contact individuals who have been assigned to the tasks.
Module 4: Searching and Reporting
This module describes ways to find and report on data in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Search using quick find
- Search using Advanced Find
- Manage saved views
- Export to Excel
- Default reports
- The Report Wizard
- Overview of charts and dashboards
Exercises: Search for Records, Analyse Records with a Report and Exporting Records
International Training Centre
Address: 251 Laurier Ave West, Suite 900
Ottawa, ON K1P 5J6