Introduction to Dynamics 365 for Public Sector
Next course date:
May 22nd 2020 9:00am – 4:00pm
This course is intended for managers and staff who plan to use, implement, enhance, or support Microsoft Dynamics 365 in their organization. This user friendly course is intended for anyone who wants to gain foundation knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365.
A one day instructor-led course providing an introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365. This course places a focus on the application of 365 as a case management solution for the public sector. It covers key concepts related to applying 365 for case management in areas such as investigation, grants and contributions, contract management, complaints, legal, etc. It provides a foundation for other Microsoft Dynamics 365 courses. The course includes: public sector case studies for case management; covers key concepts of 365; and includes hands-on exercises, for navigating searching, and reporting.
$595.00 (1 day – Introductory course)
No prerequisite training or skills required other than general exposure to office desktop applications.
After completing this course, students will be able to do the following:
- Understand key Microsoft Dynamics 365 concepts.
- Understand how people are using Dynamics within the public sector today
- Explain how customer data (e.g. Cases, Contacts, Organizations…) are recorded in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and how to configure personal options.
- Work with case, contact and organization records and views.
- Understand Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Outlook to track and synchronize items and manage offline capability.
- Search, report and analyze data in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Complete basic Exports & Imports of records with Microsoft Excel.
- Describe using default reports and create new reports with Report Wizard
- Understand dashboards and charts in Dynamics
- Use a streamlined Business Process to take a file from application to closing
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365
This module provides a high-level overview of Microsoft Dynamics 365 concepts and describes ways to navigate the application.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 clients
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 functionality
- Security at a glance
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 records
- Application Navigation
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Help
- Personal Preferences
Exercises: Navigate Microsoft Dynamics 365
Module 2: Working with Information Entities
This module explains how client and case management records (entities) are used in Microsoft Dynamics 365. It describes how addresses, notes, attachments, connection records, and activities are recorded in Dynamics and how to configure personal options.
- Client Information
- Case Information
- Notes and attachments
- Personal options
Exercises: Find and update an individual’s file who works for a specific organization / department
Module 3: Viewing and Managing Information
This module describes views and how to filter information for a variety of purposes. It further explains ownership of records, how to share records, how to delete and edit multiple records, how to import records, and how to run a mail merge.
- Record ownership and Assignment
- Sharing records
- Deleting and editing records
- Import records
Exercises: Manage a to-do list for a case file; assign tasks and contact individuals who have been assigned to the tasks.
Module 4: Searching and Reporting
This module describes ways to find and report on data in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Search using quick find
- Search using Advanced Find
- Manage saved views
- Export to Excel
- Default reports
- The Report Wizard
- Overview of charts and dashboards
Exercises: Search for Records, Analyse Records with a Report and Exporting Records
International Training Centre
Address: 100 Sparks Street, Suite 901 Ottawa, ON K1P 5B7